Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Singapore's Service Attitude

fiona xie should really continue acting as a biatch.
i think it suits her a tad more than some sweet innocent-looking girl.
somehow i feel better cursing her than to feel grotesque at the sight of her "innocence".
but she needs to act more naturally, and not be so stiff and speak sounding like she has difficulty pronouncing the words.
to me, i think she has only looks and hot bod. no talent in acting at all. too exaggerated and unnatural.
and from the Good Morning! Singapore, i could tell that she wasn't very good at handling criticisms or suggestions.

oh wells. whatever.
that is not my point of blogging today.
i am really disappointed in the service sector of Singapore.
take for example:

#1 Visit to Hello! Singtel Comcentre
the person who attended to us was unsure of her own company's policy!
my brother called earlier to the Singtel service to enquire if the transfer of account can be done.
(because my phone line was initially applied by him for my mum years ago. den my mum gave it to me and it's a classic plan. so i find it unsuitable for my usage and requested to change to a student plan. hence the transfer of account.)
he was told by the personnel that the procedure have to be done by a parent, and hence, an authorisation letter and I/C of my parent would be required.
when at the comcentre, the attendant then claimed that it is unnecessary for the gurantor to be one of my parent and that of course my brother could be my guarantor.
my brother was exasperated. (hell hath no fury like my brother scorn)
and she went on filling in the required information.
until almost the end, she said "there.. it says Father Mother Guardian, so you want to be her Guardian?"
my brother replied, "anything. but you'll have to make sure it is confirm feasible. i dont want to have to make a trip down if the management rejects it."
and the attendant got all anxious and scared and mumbled better to put my mum's information down.
and we had to wait all over again.
the entire procedure took almost twice the amount of time more than the others.
utter waste of time.


#2 Visit to the Motorola Centre at PS
my brother's motorola V3 spoilt a few days back and he brought it here for repair.
however, after the repair, the phone couldn't close properly and my brother suspected it's due to them changing to the wrong rubber stoppers.
den the attendant said something suggestive like my brother sent it for repair 3 days ago and within this period of time he could've done something else to the phone.
so the phone, unable to close properly, might not have been due to them changing to the wrong rubber stoppers, maybe my brother changed them himself, so it's not their fault.
something like that.
i mean, what kind of service is that?
and my brother was claiming would he be that stupid to have swapped the rubber stoppers and after that, find that the phone cannot close properly, and be so dumb to not switch it back?
and he said that if the attendant is suspecting that he wants to cheat them of a pair of rubber stoppers, how much does it cost to make him come a mile down to PS from Seng Kang as compared to a pair of rubber stoppers?
horrible.

my brother requested to see his manager and he went into the office, only to come out in 10min's time and tell us that his manager is not around.
when my brother questioned why he took so long to find out his manager is not around, he replied his manager went out for a meeting and he went to consult his technician on this.
my brother, dissatisfied with his service attitude, requested for the attendant who served him the previous time.
when he came, my brother talked to him and he went in again, in search of his manager, only to return to claim that his manager went out for lunch. at 530pm.
in the end they changed the rubber stoppers.
and they had to waste so much of our time.
when everything could have been done in like, a jiffy.


#3 Taxi Drivers
i especially met an INCORRIGIBLE driver today.
i had earlier bought lunch for monk and boarded a cab to his house.
and on the turning to his house's carpark lots, i horrifiyingly discovered that i.had.lost.my.wallet.
in the midst of my fumbling my bag, unable to believe that i have lost my wallet, i called monk and i rattled "come down now. come down now! bring money. bring money!" and i hung up, continued ransacking my bag for the 20th time, sure that my wallet would just appear if i continued searching.
and my wonderful dumb monk, came down, PENNILESS. (he claimed that he did not hear the "bring money" part)
he ran back home to grab his wallet while me, poor girl, dumbstrucked that i have lost my wallet and furiously tracing back my journey, thinking where i could've dropped it, had to bear with all the freaking rantings from this bloody driver.
i'm rather sure his car-plate went something like 2308.
he went on and on rattling madly:
"WAH LAN EH. 你没有钱你早讲嘛,你叫你的哥哥下来,然后他没有带钱他下来搞屁啊!" (this, i have to agree, is true. P.S. you really have to change your BAD HABIT of not bringing money out.)
and he went on complaining,agitatedly, "你这样是在浪费我宝贵的时间咧!你知道这样等我浪费掉很多时间吗?我可以载多一个客人咯!WAH LAN EH! $2.50 咧! 你没有带钱你早讲嘛, den 我的meter就不要关咯,WAH LAN EH. 你现在害我等咧,den 浪费我的时间! WAH LAN EH. 这样对我不公平咯!你知道这样对我不公平吗? 我浪费时间咧!我少赚很多钱咧!"
and he went on rattling and rattling and rattling going round and round and round and round the same points over and over and over and over again.
very agitated.
i especially dont like his bloody impolite tone and his "WAH LAN EH"s
felt like screaming.
at first i just apologised. but when he went on rattling, i just kept my mouth tight shut because i think i would have started a fight with him if i hadnt bite my tongue.
so, alright, i might be at fault for making him wait without the meter on, but hello? when u stopped i already said "sorry uncle, wait here for awhile for the money cuz i dont have money with me."
who's fault is it that the meter was stopped so quickly?!
YOUR OWN BLOODY FAULT

and ME! poor traumatized ME had to listen and bear with you all the time.
have you ever heard that customer is ALWAYS right.
even if u felt that it was unfair for you to wait with the meter off, you could have been polite and i would have been more than glad to pay you extra.
and although i had a very strong urge to shout "HELLO YOU FOUL STUPID TAXI DRIVER, I'LL PAY YOU EXTRA AND YOU SHUT UP K!"
but i held back my words because i felt that his attitude was not worth even the cab fare.
and you claimed that you were wasting your precious time! Freak!
what were you doing then, at the taxi stand, before i boarded your cab?!
i particularly noticed you were doing NOTHING but listening to the radio.
so, that was such a good use of your time then! waiting endlessly and praying hard, just for a customer to board your cab! (mind you, the taxi queue, i mean literally the cabs, was a rather long one and i bet he must have waited rather long for his turn, when the taxi stand was practically deserted.)
-bellows-

talk about service! i think Singapore definitely has alot to improve on, although i do agree there are nice taxi drivers and attendants out there but these awful black sheep lot ought to be eliminated!!! condemned!!! that'll teach them a lesson.



i noticed that CityCab drivers were NEVER any of the nice taxi drivers i've ever met. i like Comfort (: highly recommended!

by the way, with my tremendous good luck, i found my wallet back. ever told u i was super good with lost things?
lost my cardholder thrice on 158 and found it back always, with my ez-link card still in it.
lost my 6610 once on the travel bus durin a CCO performance and retrieved it back as the person who found it called and past it to my mum.
now, lost my wallet and the KFC was more than happy to return it to me! -beams-
i'm a lucky girl. and i believe in karma (:
P.S. for those in DHSCOGY shld know it! dont worry if you lost anything for i believe the good deed we have done that day will help you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home