Thursday, June 07, 2007

the day of life, and of death.

life is fragile.

it struck me hard, as i was browsing through today's straits times, that i saw the obituary of my (maternal) cousin.
although i had just attended her wake last night, it is still inconceivable that she has finally left us.
she was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago.
it was just a matter of time that she would leave us someday. seeing her struggle so hard with the cancer was heart-wrenching and almost too much to bear sometimes.
yet why is it inconceivable that she left?
because what took her away, was not the uncontrollable division of her body's cell, but a fated traffic accident.
weak was she and the accident weakened her further, and finally took her away.
life. only one word can be used to describe it: unpredictable.
who would have thought she would meet such a predicament?

a picture of me in her arms when i was still a baby. (left is my cousin-in-law, Davis)
rest in peace, my beloved cousin.
you were like a sister to me.
and i practically grew up with your kids. (i was made aunt since i was 3! )
never will the times we shared be forgotten.
and rest assured i would only remember your radiant days. (serious!! you were gorgeous and radiant before the cancer struck you...)
and the sundays spent together..
and the sleepovers at your house with Cherie.

rest in peace. <3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after the dead, now we celebrate the new life.

18 years ago, this dark, skinny 17/18 years old little fellow, was carrying a cutesy, tiny and the most angelic thing in the whole wide world in his arms.
so gingerly hugging it for fear that just a bit more pressure would hurt the little thing.
(hehe! aint i cute!! =P )
18 years later, (or rather, 19?) it's going to be MY TURN!
from a sweet, loving brother, he is maturing into a tender, loving father!
and me? (HA! countless baby-sitting experience! no kick!) I AM FINALLY BECOMING A TRUE-BLUE "姑姑"!!!
tsk tsk tsk.
so many years of demanding a cute lil baby, (almost like my own baby) to babysit and tada!
he dropped the bomb on me yesterday.
HAHA. honestly if mummy didn't tip me off earlier, i would have thought he's kidding.

life: the downs and the ups.


it's scary how so many turns of events can happen in a day, no?


TO GO OR NOT TO GO?!!!
MOS, 12th june. =X


and oh GOD. save me! my throat's worsening & i'm kinda feverish. OH NO. how great with capital G-R-E-A-T! for tomorrow's the last day of term!!! moans. why oh why. tell me why do i have such unfortunate timing for falling sick???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home